Understand basic outlines of game theory, individual level selection, why conflict is not always lethal.
- Definitions of symbiosis
- Understanding how and why symbioses can change through time
- Making inferences about biology from graphs
- What could explain a trend?
- How could you test it?
- Why is sex weird? [evolutionarily]
- Why has it evolved?
- How does sex ratio evolve?
- How does sexual selection evolve?
- What is required for natural selection
- Selection versus drift versus mutational bias
- Frequency dependent selection
- Balancing selection
- Selection now
Or you can go directly to a shiny app:
- Understand a way to examine effect of traits on diversity
- Be able to extend our discussions in class into new areas
- Empirical diversity
- Sister group comparisons
- Exponential growth
- Adaptive radiations
- Major extinctions
- Background extinction
- Amphibian decline
- White Nose Syndrome