We are a Mac lab. Basic info when setting up a new one (modifying from here):
- Turn on, create initial account, register with UTK.
- Create temporary account with admin privileges.
- Restart in this account, then use Migration Assistant to copy existing lab accounts and files from existing computer.
- Install homebrew
- brew install svn
- brew install git
- brew tap homebrew/science
- brew install r
brew install svn brew install git brew tap caskroom/cask brew install brew-cask brew install Caskroom/cask/xquartz brew cask install java brew tap homebrew/science brew install R --with-openblas brew install Caskroom/cask/rstudio brew cask install mactex brew install libsvg curl libxml2 gdal geos boost R CMD javareconf JAVA_CPPFLAGS=-I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers brew tap caskroom/fonts brew cask install font-fira-code brew cask install iterm2 brew install r-gui brew linkapps brew cask install gitup
- In R: install.packages(“ctv”,repos=”https://cloud.r-project.org/”)
- In R: library(“ctv”)
- In R: install.views(c(“Phylogenetics”, “Optimization”, “HighPerformanceComputing”),repos=”https://cloud.r-project.org/”)
- If you want to install ALL CRAN packages:
availablePackages <- available.packages("https://cloud.r-project.org/")[,1] install.packages(availablePackages)